Wednesday, February 2, 2011

IVF #1 CD 11 "Humid Subtropical?"

I am supposed to be living in a "humid subtropical" climate. Well, I am freezing my butt - well EVERYTHING- off! (as I am sure most everyone else in the country is, too). I actually love snow and hope that it snows a little bit since it was in the 20s today but, I don't think that is going to happen. At least, it won't happen until Friday morning when I am supposed to be driving to my last monitoring appointment. I have no concern about me driving into the city - I am worried that 1) the RE will close or 2) everybody else on the road has no experience with snow and ice in a city that is not really equipped for winter weather (a friend said that the roads might actually be closed except for emergency vehicles). I guess I'll see how the forecast holds up and give the doc a call tomorrow night to see what he might do. Friday is supposedly going to be my last appt before I trigger - so I don't know what would happen if I can't get there.
Today my follicles were looking good. There are still 15 all between 10-15 mm. Now, Sunday looks more likely for retrieval. I have no problem with that - I just don't want to go too early because we couldn't monitor on Friday. (and I will have a problem if we trigger later than Saturday - I'll be out of meds). The not-knowing can be so frustrating and stressful to plan for sometimes. I don't want to run out of meds but, I don't want to buy more if I'm not going to use them. Risky, but I really doubt that I'll need more than Thursday and Friday night stimming.
Anyway, I hope everyone stays warm and safe during the storms! (and I hope M gets work off due to weather tomorrow...that would be nice.)


  1. Good luck!!!! I hope the weather holds out for you!!!

  2. I hope the weather doesn't screw anything up for you! Good luck today!

  3. Try not to stress too much! Hopefully your RE office can help with meds if it's an emergency. Be careful in this winter weather! Best wishes!