Monday, January 31, 2011

IVF #1 CD 9 "Ganirelix"

My appointment went awesome this morning. The nurse had no problems finding my left ovary and I have pretty good follicle growth. There are about 15 follicles ranging from 14-7 mms so we'll see how many mature. I'm still on track to retrieve on Saturday. Which means... I started Ganirelix tonight. First impression: the glass syringe is totally intimidating but in a weird way cool. After giving the Follistim/Menopur shot (which has not gotten easier. If anything it takes longer to get up the nerve), the Ganirelix shot was painless! It didn't sting like the stims; I couldn't feel it at all. But then! It itches and burns and stings! I'd rather have the painful shot than the painful site after. Not excited about the rest of the Ganirelix shots.
Other than the shot I had a pretty great day. Got errands done, had lunch with a girlfriend, I even made a delicious and healthy vegan dinner. The emphasis on I made dinner! PS I don't subscribe to food diet terminology. I'm not vegan or any other thing. I try to eat healthy and enjoy it.

5 comments:

  1. 15 follicles, that is great!!! So happy to hear the left ovary stopped playing hide and seek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! Glad your growing away! GROW GROW GROW!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great response. Your Retrieval should be soon. When is it this week?

    Love Love Love Vegan Food, we are not Vegan's now but we were for about 7 months in 2010. I discovered some great receipes and I didn't even miss all that dairy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, I wasn't a huge fan of the ganirelix either... Such a wonderful response - 15 follies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like things are progressing nicely, yay! Not too much longer with all of these shots... hang in there and focus on Saturday! Also, thank you for the comments and blog award, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete