Monday, December 13, 2010

Not Quite Sure...

I am not quite sure what to think about the "Happy Birthday" episode of CSI:Miami. I think it was two weeks ago, but I don't know because I only watch the online version and I'm not consistent. But the episode opens with the above scene: a pregnant woman asking her best (and infertile) friend to host her baby shower. Naturally, the friend is upset - it was super inconsiderate and tactlessly done. But then the pregnant friend is upset at the "selfishness" of her friend...anyway the pregnant lady gets beat up and without ruining the episode, the infertile friend becomes a suspect because of her jealously.
So I have a few conflicting thoughts about this episode. First of all, I am glad to see the inclusion of us infertiles - in that it reminds people that we exist. However, I don't appreciate the show making us out to be selfish jerks.
Did you watch it? (If you didn't and want to, you can watch it here.) What do you think of the episode?

1 comment:

  1. Are you freaking serious!?! Ugh. Because yeah that is what we want to do is kill all pregnant people. Seriously don't be putting thoughts into my already homicidal brain ;)

    ReplyDelete