Friday, January 20, 2012

Grieving with my sister

I have not been very good at posting anything on here. I apologize. I will try to post more frequently. I have been reflecting this evening on the journeys we take to be mothers. My sister informed us tonight that at 10 weeks her baby has no heartbeat. This is her first miscarriage after giving birth to 5 beautiful children. I've been on the edge of tears all night. Motherhood is not easy. Becoming a mother isn't always easy whether child #1 or child #6.

I am especially grateful for my daughters tonight. They are healthy and growing (still super small though). 

2 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry. So heartbreaking. Thinking of you and your dear sister...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your sister. Every birth is such a miracle. Hold those girls tight!

    ReplyDelete