Sunday, July 24, 2011

26w1d "Bump"

Bump #1: I decided yesterday that I am going to make some bumpers for the girl's cribs. I am not really very good at sewing....but I am going to give it a shot anyway. I finally had picked out that I wanted a green and white bumper to contrast with the pink in the room. I have been looking for a green bumper that I like. I couldn't find anything! Then yesterday M's mom took me to some fabric stores (for a reupholstering project she is doing for our nursery). I promised myself I would not even attempt to make my own bumpers if it cost more to make them than to buy one. So I gave myself a $20-30 range.
Of course, I ended up finding some fabric that I hope will turn out just perfect and the total for the fabric and batting was $27. I was out of excuses. The pattern looks really easy. I hope I don't hate myself for saying that or for deciding to try to do this. My last home DIY sewing project was a disaster. I made some curtains. They don't look that great and they were WAY more expensive than just buying some. Oh well. I guess you could say I'm a little more cautious about what sewing projects I start.
If only my sister-in-law wasn't such a perfect seamstress....

Bump #2: 25 weeks (yes I know it was last week, I am just that slow at uploading)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the bumpers - I bet they'll be great! And you look fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete